Thursday, March 11, 2010

For Love of the Roles

After a great deal of reasoning & consideration, I have narrowed down my desired roles to 7 choices with a couple that I favor most. I may not be perfect for every one of the roles I have chosen but I wanted to give myself a better chance of getting in & identify those roles that appeal to me in some way. Thankfully, I was able to let Disney know my top 3 choices so I could put in a good word for what I hope to do & feel I would excel at. With that said, I'd like to go through the roles I have picked starting with my last place pick.
#7 Full-Service Food & Beverage
Though I am not a fan of food services, mostly because I have been in it for so long, I have not had much experience with the more formal side of it & am curious to see if I would like it any better.
#6 Merchandise
Despite the fact that working on cash registers makes me a little nervous because I tend to struggle with coming out evenly for some reason, I would be interested to try it with items other than food. I feel it might give me a different perspective in cash handling & let me see the variety of souvenirs the Disney parks & resorts carry.
#5 Vacation Planner
This is probably the role I have the least amount of insight on but what I do know seems to appeal to me. The idea of aiding guests in planning & executing their Disney vacation is one I can definitely live with; & how much more enjoyable would it be to plan my own vacation with all of that insider information! ;)
#4/3 Main Entrance Operations
No, the weather in Florida isn't perfect, but I still think that this role would be kind of fun as I would get to welcome guests into the park. Of course, I would also be there to say "good-bye" as they left & would hope to be able to leave the best impression I could.
#3/4 Character Attendant
Besides hearing that it's a good role, I really do think it would be fun to follow/lead characters around through the parks & see how happy the children were to meet those they loved so much; not to mention the fact that I am sure I would thoroughly enjoy working in more than one park.
#2 Hospitality
Seeing how my major is Hospitality & Tourism Management I don't think I need to go into too much detail as far as why this role appeals to me. It would place me right in the thick of the hotel industry & I think Disney could give me just the experience I need.
#1 Attractions
By far the most popular role choice with College Program students, I too believe I would love to be right in the middle of the "action" where surely the most fun takes place! To work in an area that I myself enjoy so much as a guest would really be something to talk about! And I honestly think I would bring an enthusiasm to the role that would make me a perfect fit (especially as a Bellhop at the Hollywood Tower Hotel;)!




~Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment