Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Interview of Myself ~ Part 2


  1. Why would you be a perfect fit for the specific role you want to perform?
  2. I believe that I would be a perfect fit as an Attractions Cast Member because I have such an enormous passion for all kinds of attractions & have since I was very young! I never tire of riding my favorite rides over & over & seeing the most entertaining shows multiple times. And if I have so much fun with various attractions, how much more would I enjoy being the one who helps provide that fun to others like myself?!
  3. If a guest wanted a room that was not available how would you handle it?
  4. If a guest wanted to stay in a room that was unavailable I would first suggest giving them a different room. If that was ineffective, I'd see if they were okay with staying in another resort with similar costs. But if they did not like that idea either, I would try giving them a room we currently had & then transfer them to their desired room when one opened up.
  5. How would you respond to a 4-year-old girl who wants to ride Space Mountain but is too short?
  6. If I worked at Space Mountain & was faced with a 4-year-old girl (or boy) who wanted to ride it but was not tall enough, I would make sure she, & whoever she was with, understood that the height requirement was there to ensure safety. Knowing this might not be a satisfactory response, I would suggest another ride she could go on that was similar. I would make sure she knew that there were plenty of other rides she would enjoy. (It would also be important that I talked directly to her & not just her parents.)
  7. What would you do if a guest wanted a certain "souvenir" & your particular shop was out of it? What if that item was not located anywhere in the park or hotel where you worked?
  8. If a guest wanted a certain souvenir & the shop I worked at no longer had the item, I would find out if & when we would be getting more & let the guest know; if a different shop had it I would let them know that too. But if no park or hotel had it I would suggest looking online. And if the souvenir was coming in after they left, I would see if it could be sent to them at home.
  9. How would you "handle" a child who is scared to meet their favorite Disney character?
  10. As a Cast Member, if I came across a child who was scared to meet their favorite Disney character, I would begin by getting down on their level & letting them know that I used to be scared too. I would explain & try to show them that they are friendly & excited to see each & every person who comes to meet them!
  11. What do you feel are the main responsibilities of a seating host?
  12. I feel that the main responsibilities of a seating hostess include, of course, welcoming the guests into the restaurant, ensuring that their wait is as short as possible & that their seating is to their liking, help clean up any accidents or messes left by anyone, clean up empty tables & assist servers when needed, & maybe even provide a little entertainment while they wait to be seated :)
  13. What is one specific example of good guest service?
  14. One specific example of good guest service would be when a guest is placed in a resort room with dirty sheets &, as a housekeeping manager, I would not only make sure the room is thoroughly cleaned right away, but also find out if they would prefer to switch rooms. Of course, I would sincerely apologize & let them know that such an incident is far below our Disney standards. I may also check with other higher-ups at the hotel to see if there is any other compensation we can give them.
  15. How do you feel about speaking in front of groups of varying sizes?
  16. When it comes to speaking in front of groups of varying sizes, I am much more comfortable with it than I used to be, though I am definitely nervous at first. I truly enjoy interacting with & relating to people in this way!
  17. Recall a specific positive, memorable experience you have had as a College program intern (with living, learning, or earning). One of my most cherished memories as a student in the Disney College Program is from when my roommates & I had a birthday party for one of our other "roommates". I'd say there were about 20 people there throughout the night & the party lasted till roughly 4 a.m. There was food & lots of alcohol, though no one acted out because of it. It was a fun time of meeting new people & hanging out with friends. Having more get-togethers like that is one of the things I most look forward to doing most when I return to Disney!
~Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment