Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Love of My Life!

At this point in the life of my blog I feel that it's about time to talk about what I love more than anything else in the entire world. All I have to do is stand in line for the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios & life becomes perfect. I have never had an unhappy moment at the Tower of Terror, with no shortage of "magical moments". I have met some pretty special people who have worked there, who helped make my experiences on the ride nothing less than spectacular. Picture after picture that has been taken on that ride clearly shows my excitement, & sometimes even fear, for the fun I am having. With each time out of the over 230 that I went on it, nothing else in life really mattered; it was the ideal escape from reality that only ever led to positive effects.

I have always been a fan of "The Twilight Zone" which was a popular 50's & 60's TV show hosted & written by Rod Serling. The mysteries of each episode taught important life lessons while having an element of fantasy to them. So, basing its back story on that show, four guests & one bellhop of The Hollywood Tower Hotel, in 1939, step onto the elevator to get to a Halloween party at the 13th floor Tip Top Club. It is the 8:00 hour & there is a thunderstorm brewing outside. As the storm rages on a lightning bolt strikes the hotel & causes the elevator to crash to the ground with the five individuals inside. As a result, they were never able to make it to the party & became stuck as ghosts inside the once lively, now deserted hotel. It is now the task of all who choose to brave the Tower of Terror to find the lost guests/ghosts by way of the service elevator & help them get to the party once & for all.

Besides the fact that I simply love "The Twilight Zone" I think a lot of the reason the Tower of Terror means so much to me is because the TV show is incorporated so well into the ride. It is so much more than just a 13 story free-fall (or else I wouldn't like it so much). I have such a passion for this attraction that no other ride can EVER live up to its glory!

~Steph :)




No comments:

Post a Comment