Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Vacation in Dining

Planet Hollywood, House of Blues, & Rainforest Cafe are three non-Disney restaurants that I firmly believe give guests the best dining experience they can ever ask for! They all happen to be located at Downtown Disney & are extraordinary places to eat at. Each one is themed & quite extravagant in nature.

Planet Hollywood is a large, 3-story restaurant that is shrouded in authentic movie memorabilia. It is a fitting place for any number of celebrations, & I can speak from experience because I celebrated a roommate's, as well as my own, birthday there. It has a gift shop, as you might expect, with most everything costing just a little more than I like to pay though. (Oh well ;) But, thankfully, cost does not stop me from loving such a restaurant that barely feels like one (& gives cast members preferred seating :). If you're short on cash this might not be the place to go but, at the same time, it's worth a little saving for.

House of Blues is themed just as you might think with music in every corner. (It has concert hall, too, by the way.) I've been there to play far more than to eat, but I can honestly still say that the food I've had is fantastic & well-worth the money, & this restaurant isn't too expensive either. There is also the proverbial gift shop, in which I have yet to spend any money. Often there is live music right inside the restaurant, & the outside is usually just as happening as the inside. It is a fantastic place to go, day or night, whether planning for a whole meal or just a couple of drinks.

Rainforest Cafe is nothing short of an exotic dining experience. Many people only remember the atmosphere but I can recall the food & how good it tasted. Its shop has an abundance of jungle-themed souvenirs, a few of which I have added to my collection. Besides the store, I absolutely LOVE the feel of eating outside with the trees & "animals" all around & the pleasant humidity & sounds of rain & other forest noises. (Even the bar stools look like the legs of animals!) This is a place at which to really get the most out of eating. And I may have only been there a couple of times, but I could definitely add a couple more...many times over!

~Steph :)

No comments:

Post a Comment